Monday, July 14, 2008

NO MORE TRAINING WHEELS

Abby is very proud of herself she taught herself to ride her bike in one night. We went for a walk and her friend Sam down the street had taken her training wheels off and Abby asked if she could try her bike. So for about 20 minutes she tried to ride in their garage. When it was time to go home she asked me if I would clear out our garage and take her training wheels off. So I did, and in about five minutes she came in and said Mom come out and see. I went out and I couldn't believe it. She could do it. She told me it was a good thing Sam taught her how. I totally agree because I have no idea how to teach a kid to ride a bike. She rode it all the way around the block last night to show off:) Now I have to buy her a bigger bike, I told her at the begining of summer I would buy her a barbie bike when she learned how to ride without training wheels. I had no idea that would come so soon!

2 comments:

Julie said...

How exciting for Abby! I wish Bryndie would try by herself, Cameron tried teaching her tonight but she was too scared. Now she has one training wheel on, so she leans to the side so she doesn't tip. She was pretty proud she could ride with just one training wheel though! Barbie bikes are cool!!!

The Seaman Family said...

Way to go Abby. Sh is getting so big and is so cute! Thanks for calling us last night we had a great time!