Friday, May 1, 2009

EASTER COOKIES/DYEING EGGS

The girls and I decided to do our make Easter cookies and dye our eggs both on the same day....

Ally only decorated one cookie and she ate it immediately after she finished...

So that left Abby and I to finish decorating the rest of our 3 dozen cookies

I was surprised that she stuck with it until the end, of course she was sampling the frosting the whole way through, but she didn't leave the counter until the last cookie was frosted. Daddy even came home early and surprised us....he didn't help decorate, but he tested the final product to make sure it was good enough for the Easter Bunny. My kids think that the Easter Bunny is a lot like Santa....they leave him cookies, and even tell him what they want when we go for our picture with the Easter Bunny.

Here are some of the finished cookies

We actually did our eggs first, but since they came up backwards on here, I didn't have the patience to rearrange them.....So here is dyeing our Easter Eggs.....
Those of you who know me know I am not a fan of big messy activities....we don't even carve our pumpkins at Halloween, because its too messy and the kids never ask to. This is the first year we have actually done eggs at my house, we usually have family in town and I save this job for them at Grandma's house. But since no one came to visit this year it was all up to me.

The kids didn't really get to do much but I think they liked watching me do it....he he he!!


I did let them each take a turn to check their eggs....

and then of course they got to do the stickers and shrinky-dinks.

Some of our finished eggs!

0 comments: