Monday, October 15, 2007

ABBY'S FIRST PET

Aunt Jen & Uncle Matt sent Abby some money for her birthday to buy a fish. So on Friday, Grandma took Abby out to lunch and to buy a fish. She picked out a pink and purple fish and even though it is a boy, she named him "Sleeping Beauty". We aren't telling her it's really a boy. She loves her fish and she told me that she will hold her if she gets sad, although I informed her that fish like to stay in the water. She feeds him/her every morning and night. And you will be glad to know that Elijah approves, because pets teach responsibility, and build self-esteem. Right from the mouth of a 9 year old. He has been trying to get me to let Abby have a pet for a long time, he even offered to let it live at his house until Abby was old enough to take care of it. Thanks Aunt Jen & Uncle Matt. Although I am still wondering if you plan on visiting once a week to change the water???

1 comments:

The Keeslers said...

Such a beautiful fish!!! I love it!!!! He/she looks just like my Ike. I hope that Abby had a very, very happy birthday and I am sorry that we could not be there to celebrate with her. Although we did have a fun time celebrating in Fargo and Space Aliens!!! Sorry Jack, you are just going to have to step up to the plate and be the adult and clean the tank each week, because alas, Abby is only 4, and Matt and I live too far to come once a week. Although we do so wish that we did live close enough to be able to do that.
Love you guys.